Jesus is Far Greater Than You Think
Jesus is So Much More Than We Realize
The person of Jesus is so rich, full, and beyond our full comprehension that we need the Holy Spirit’s help to get it. The better you know Him, the more you will be in awe of Him, love Him, draw close to Him, and be transformed by Him.
I’ve been a Jesus-follower for over four decades. The last six months or so I’ve been having a fresh revelation, a mini-renewal in my own mind and heart as to how God set up things for us to have abundant lives.
My #1 insight, which is leading to deeper transformation and love for God is that the person of Jesus is THE KEY to everything in God’s divine design. (John 15:4–5)
I am also realizing in a fresh and deeper way that Jesus is sooooo much greater than my natural mind can comprehend.
The Bible is filled with words about how amazing Jesus is, but in this article I’m just going to quickly go through one of the most densely packed sections on this theme.
To keep this brief, I’m simply going to break up this passage in 12 powerful insights with little to no comment. Just read them and reflect on them as they grab your attention.
- Jesus is image of the invisible God. When you study Jesus in the Gospels, you see exactly what God is like in human form.
- The firstborn of all creation. This doesn’t mean Jesus was created, the Bible is clear that He, the Father, and the Holy Spirit have always existed. “Firstborn” in Scripture means that person has the greatest honor, authority, and influence in the family. Jesus is all of that and more in the creation family.
- By Him ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities… Jesus is the Creator of everything!
- All things have been created through Him and for Him.
5. He is before all things. Before anything existed, Jesus was there.
6. And in Him all things hold together. Jesus not only created everything, He continues to hold everything together.
7. He is also the head of the body, the church. Our world system doesn’t recognize it as such, but in God’s mind, the church is the body of Christ on earth and Jesus is the head of that worldwide body.
8. And He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead. Jesus is not only “the firstborn” of creation He is also the firstborn of resurrection life for all who receive Him. All believers honor Him and will also get to experience resurrection from the dead and life forever with God.
9. So that He would come to have first place in everything. It is the Father’s will that Jesus receive first place and honor IN EVERYTHING. At some point every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord (Philippians 2)
10. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fulness to dwell in Him. The fulness of God’s nature and life and purposes are in Jesus, and this too pleases the Father.
11. And through Him to reconcile all things to Himself. The desire of God’s heart is that all that has been broken, be reconciled to Himself. Jesus made that possible through His life, death, and resurrection.
12. Having made peace through the blood of His cross, through Him, I say whether things on earth or things in heaven. What Jesus accomplished by giving His life, His blood, on the cross has made peace on earth and in heaven possible. Someday it will be a complete reality.
This is just one section of God’s Word
As powerful and incredible these twelve truths are regarding Jesus’ greatness, there are so many more woven through the Bible; especially the New Testament.
God’s desire is that these words gradually lead us into experiencing Jesus more and more; leading to significant personal transformation and love-driven service.
I would encourage you to join me in meditating, studying, and praying these kinds of Scriptures to allow them to fill you more and more with the truth and presence of our amazing Jesus!
Want more free resources on living the Jesus-centered, Jesus-empowered life check out www.TruVineMission.com
Want some personal support in knowing and living God’s unique purposes for your life? Take a look at www.MarkFurlongCoaching.com